Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
Points to consider when purchasing a steel door
- Does the door comply with the Europe-wide fire resistance standard BS EN 1634-1? (which replaces the previous British Standard for fire resistance)
- Is the door and locking mechanism made in the UK?
- Does the security key come with a side bar?
- Telephone the company in the evening or at weekends to see if they are offering the service they promised should anything go wrong with the door locking mechanism e.g. An attempted burglary, etc.
- This is important as we operate a 24-hour locksmith service we are able to send one of our professional locksmiths out if required, who will have knowledge of your locking mechanism
- Is the telephone manner of the company that you’ll contacting professional in answering all your questions?